Wilt u reageren op dit bericht? Maak met een paar klikken een account aan of log in om door te gaan.

IndexIndex  PortalePortale  GalerijGalerij  ZoekenZoeken  Laatste afbeeldingenLaatste afbeeldingen  RegistrerenRegistreren  InloggenInloggen  

Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07

Ga naar beneden 
4 plaatsers
AuteurBericht
Poison Girl
Admin
Poison Girl

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 977
Registration date : 27-11-06

Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07 Empty
BerichtOnderwerp: Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07   Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07 Icon_minitime28th april 2007, 14:22

Gisterenavond heeft HIM voor het eerst sinds December weer opgetreden, op het Give It A Name festival in Engeland.
De verwachtingen waren hoog, vooral door de interviews van de laatste tijd waarbij Ville de indruk wekte dat ze van plan waren te gaan knallen daar. En natuurlijk hoopte iedereen dat ze een nieuw nummer zouden spelen van het album dat deze zomer uitkomt.
Inmiddels stromen de reviews van festivalgangers langzaam binnen, zowel positief als negatief.
Hier de setlist en de reviews en videos die het lezen/ kijken waard zijn.

Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07 SetlistGIAN

kahlan - Femm Metal Board:

I've just come back from "Give it a Name" and HIM played one or two songs from the new forthcoming album! All I have to say is that I was very impressed. I'm not a very huge fan of HIM nor an expert but Ville didn't lie when he said that the new album would be more heavy. There were problems with the sound unfortunately during the concert (Ville's mic had troubles and the amplis were not good). I think they played two new songs but I can't tell for sure because of the problems with the sound. There is one new song that I remember clearly and sorry but I can't remember at the moment its name (it will come back to me later). But all I can say is that during nearly the whole song the guitars were very present and that Ville's singing was very varied. He would start screaming and suddenly start to sing very softly some pretty high pitched notes (don't misunderstand me, it doesn't resemble at all to "It's All Tears"). I don't really know why but when I was listening to the song it reminded me a bit of the kind of songs from the album "Love Metal" although it was much more heavy. I think there has been a great evolution since Dark Light judging from that song.
Ville was in a very good mood! He was constantly making jokes and teasing us (ps: he was ). Even if it was only a mini-concert crowded with 13-15 years olds and emos, I think it was really worth seeing.

My heart stops beating only for you dar - HIM Official Forums:

Ok, just got back from London!!

For anyone who wants to know, the used were amazing and the new songs were incredible, a sure sign that the next album is something special.

After they left people started setting up the stage, they had the letters H, I, and M, in the HIM font, and they were absolutely huge, about 15ft high each. They wheeled out Gas's 3 bass kit, and brought out the guitars! Showtime!

Ville came on in this knee-length shawl, blue jeans, nice hat, with a stomach length red scarf, and the huge face t-shirt he was wearing last year, and biggest surprise... Bert trimmed right down!!!!! They started off with bad brains, then ripped into WOB and all the classics.

About halfway through they played the new song, dead lovers lane, and you could see why its been called the most dark light-ish song, its clean, but fast but it was still incredible and got a good reception. No passions killing floor, they're probably keeping that under wraps.

He was a little drunk and during join me started talking about his anoxeric girlfriend during the recording of Razorbalde Romance and how we shouldn't join each other in death, and stick together. The fag count was good, only 2 during the whole set!

Plus he actually moved out of his normal 3 square foot of stage space. Incredible evening, really amazing, as for pictures I only have mobile phone ones, and they're not worth posting, he has no new tattoos, and thats all I can think off, any more questions please ask!

Original Sin - HIM Official Forums:

HIM: HIM began their set with what would have been a fantastic cover of the Bad Brains song ‘Sailin' On’ had the sound been good (however it was funny to watch Ville waving his arms around trying to attract the attention of the sound guy). Sadly the sound didn’t get that much better and most people on stage appeared to be having trouble at one point or another.

The band however ploughed on through the sound difficulties and played a number of classics, each of them going down a storm with the audience. They even played a new song of theirs, Dead Lovers Lane, which also went down fantastically with everyone. It appeared to me that Ville was a little on the drunk side but this, to some extent, only helped to make the show more memorable what with his random talks during songs, his stopping so that the audience could take over the singing (which they gladly did) and his joking (at one point someone yelled ‘I love you’ to which he replied, ‘I love you too. I love you all…but not at the same time. The bedrooms at the Soho hotel are rather small…’ [I wonder how many people hung around the Soho hotel later that night?]).

Whatever the band lacked because of the troubles with equipment they definitely made up for with their personalities and I wasn’t the only one leaving the venue with a huge smile on my face.
Terug naar boven Ga naar beneden
http://www.dutchhimforum.tk
Suzanne
Plakboekplakker
Plakboekplakker
Suzanne

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 158
Leeftijd : 38
Registration date : 16-12-06

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07   Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07 Icon_minitime30th april 2007, 14:54

Klinkt goed!!! Cool
love-r
Ontdekker
Ontdekker
love-r

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 122
Leeftijd : 34
Registration date : 27-02-07

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07   Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07 Icon_minitime30th april 2007, 21:49

daar had ik ook wel bij wille zijn =D
http://www.scheepinc.multiforum.nl
Debby_Doom
CD bezitter
CD bezitter
Debby_Doom

Vrouw Aantal berichten : 458
Leeftijd : 39
Registration date : 25-06-07

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07   Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07 Icon_minitime25th juni 2007, 23:06

Het was goed!!! oooh ik heb het idee dat het alweer een eeuw geleden is, tis pas 2 maanden terug!
Het klopt wel wat er staat over het geluid ik kon Ville niet altijd even goed horen. Nou had ik wel een vermoeden wat hij aan het zingen was haha
http://www.vampirefreaks.com/debby_doom
Gesponsorde inhoud

BerichtOnderwerp: Re: Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07   Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07 Icon_minitime

Give It A Name festival 27-28-29 April '07
Terug naar boven 
Pagina 1 van 1
 Soortgelijke onderwerpen
-
» HIM night, dinsdag 17 April
» Festival season :D
» Helldone Festival 2010
» HIM live @ Hultsfred festival vanavond!
» Foto's Helldone festival 31-12-2006

Permissies van dit forum:Je mag geen reacties plaatsen in dit subforum
 :: HIM :: HIM - Live-
Ga naar: